3D Printing in Digital Dentistry
Dentistry is one of those industries that always stays up to date with the latest technologies, especially something like 3D printing. Over the past decade, 3D Printing took the world by storm, and it can actively help dentists in a variety of different ways. From creating Aligners to more complex implants, all these things make it easier for dentists to help their clients in a highly efficient and professional manner.
How is 3D Printing used by dentists?
There are many different ways to harness 3D Printing in the dentistry world. All of them are highly efficient and increase the productivity and also the accuracy of dentists. 3D Printing is already worth more than $3 billion, and it continues to expand.
- Dentists can help repair or replace a damaged tooth by creating a CAD model and then printing it to replace the teeth or crown
- You can start producing dentures, caps, bridges or crowns, among many others.
- 3D Printing is also highly efficient when it comes to creating surgical tools. It can also help provide great implants and orthodontic models.
- It’s even possible to design and print clear aligners that help revolutionize the experience for many patients.
- Many dentists are using it for crown copings as they prepare the final prosthesis or implant.
- 3D printing can also be extremely useful when it comes to creating guides and models. Printed models and guides are highly efficient and they make the procedure safer, less invasive and more predictable as well.
Features that are important when it comes to 3D Printing for dentists
Resin 3D Printing is highly popular because it’s more affordable and very efficient. There are 3 technologies here, liquid crystal display, digital light processing and stereolitography lasers being the prime example.
Going with a 4K projector is a great idea, but it can be expensive, and that makes the DLP process less suitable. That’s why most doctors that use 3D Printing usually choose LCD or liquid crystal display tech because it’s suitable for larger resin machines and you still get very good accuracy. There are other things to focus on, such as productivity and speed that are also extremely important. And then we also have to think about costs as well.
Can 3D Printing be a suitable solution for the future of dentistry?
Absolutely, many dentists are already using it with great success. And it’s easy to see why, it can help save a lot of money, and they transfer those savings to their clients too. Plus, you get to have more accurate orthopedic and dental services. And as the technologies become more widely available, it might become the go-to solution for any type of dentistry work.
As you can see, resin 3D printing is very helpful in the dentistry industry, and companies like Akhilam Enterprise are here to help. We can assist with top of the line 3D printing machines and solutions fully customized for dental practices. Don’t hesitate and contact us today for more information!